#TruthMoment I was having a bad day.
In fact, I've been having a bad few months and was over humans. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Listen, ya'll I've been having really life meltdowns, bawling and all. Like for real! To make matters worse, I'm at the ((heaviest)) I've ever been as an adult.
I just couldn't shake it. I knew I had to do something drastic to cut the crap + get my life together. For the month of July, I decided to commit to the following:
- Wake up early (between 4:30-5:00AM)
- 30 Minutes of Prayer + Meditation (daily)
- Personal/bible journaling (daily)
- 30 minutes of physical activity (daily)
- 30 minutes of uninterrupted family time (daily)
That said, I joined Weight Watchers. Why Weight Watchers? I've done Weight Watchers in the past and have been successful at it. (This is not a sponsored post. I promise this is a true personal experience.) Like my Aunty Oprah says, "Weight Watchers, because it works!" It works, and then the problem is keeping up with it. Lol.
I scored 18/19 days so far. I would say that's pretty good as far as consistency goes. That's until I weighed myself this past weekend. Ya'll I gained a half a pound last week! I hated myself. Like for real. I was mad! If you know me, you know I'm not an exercise kinda gal. I've been reaaaaaaly good at waking up and staying active even when I don't feel like it. I seriously hated myself for a day. I moaned and groaned to a friend. I shared my frustrations, my ups and down and my urge to quit. Even though I lost 7 pounds in 4 weeks, I gained a half pound back! I was mad y'all. I was mad and I let my friend know that I wanted to quit!
I got home today and checked the mail (btw, I hate checking mail) and saw that my sweet friend sent me a hand written note! If you know me, you know I love all things handwriting and stationary ✍🏾. With social media on the rise, no one ever sends postcards or notes anymore. She reminded me of my reasons for turning over a "new leaf". My faith in humanity is restored. Lol! Seriously, she motivated me against quitting. She reminded me of all of the reasons why I'm on a quest to being whole.
What I learned from being transparent is:
- A CLOSED MOUTH DOESN'T GET FED! Being transparent can help you get feedback from the right people. You can't conquer what you don't confront!
- MY STORY ISN'T ONLY FOR ME. God knows ALL of our needs. Transparency includes being vulnerable. We can learn from other people's experiences.
- IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF I HAVE A BAD WEEK. Whether good or bad, God is ALWAYS in control of my life.
- SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE. In fact, there's no race. He's within me. I cannot fail! There's a time and season for everything!
I'm drying my tears ya'll - my bread is already buttered on both sides! 💁🏾
Help keep me consistent! Watch my daily shenanigans on my Instagram stories. My username is @ShaBreeEwusi
Cheers to a great rest of July Y'all!