In 2009 I moved to New Jersey with nothing but hope and my last paycheck. It was my way of “partially grieving” my mother. My mother was my first best friend. She died “suddenly’’ at 54 years young. It was ‘’suddenly'' to me because Mom always said she’d live forever. If you knew the ''Ideal Idena'', you believed anything she said. She was a woman of faith, her words were trusted + well respected.
It broke my heart when Mom died. My world ended as I knew it. I couldn’t bear the memories that were consistently being replayed. This move was one of the things that I never questioned God on! He spoke and I listened. I literally ‘chewed the bullet’ and moved xxx miles across country. I quit my job, sold most of my belongings, packed up the rest + said goodbye to Miami in two short weeks! I was a single mother of a three year old, no job, no car, no immediate family nearby and not the slightest idea of my future. All I had was hope and my last paycheck.
Many people asked if I was afraid. Honestly, I wasn’t. I was broken, hurt and confused. I was mad with grief! I felt like I was in my bottomless pit, so what was the worst that could’ve happened? I did it afraid — at that point it was sink or swim.
Now I can say, I’m not stressed about the world ending. When Mom died my world as I knew it ended. Since then, it has ended many times and began again in the morning. God took my brokenness, my emptiness, my hurts, my pains and my fears and filled me with love and light. I’m blessed beyond comprehension.
Now I am a mother, I’ve found the one whom my soul loves + I’m also the co-founder and co-owner of Gideon’s Needle, a Bespoke Lifestyle brand. I’m living in my destiny.
Through this experience I’ve emerged with my #PilarOfLife — 7 foundational truths that guide my everyday life:
1. #LOVE: It’s the foundation of everything. Despite how you feel ALWAYS live in #Love + #Light.
2. #TRUTH: Restoration requires confrontation. Own your truth! You’ll be set free.
3. #TRANSPARENCY: God sustained me so I’m obligated to share my journey of “Truth + Transparency’’ —> Read more of my story + open letters here #BreeSaidIt
4. #FAITH: The will of God won’t take you where the grace of God can’t sustain you. Even when you can’t see the big picture. Use a flashlight to see one step ahead and #DoItAfraid
5. #CHARACTER: it’s revealed through adversity. Who are you? Have your circumstances gotten the best of you?
6. #DESTINY: You can never escape it! “Live” in it. My mother worked too hard for me not to be great!
7. #JOY: Do all of the above and you’ll find it.
I’m sharing my personal journey with you and created #BreeSaidIt as a ‘safe place’ — a community collective that supports and empowers women as they live in their truth through transparency.
Thank you for following my journey!